Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What's the BUZZ all about?


Over the weekend we were able to celebrate 4 amazing years with our son Nolan! Nolan had requested a "BUZZ" birthday party and the sucker that I am for his adorable big blue eyes, that is exactly what he got. Nolan was really into his party planning this year. He picked out the cake, helped plan the food and was in charge of the invite list. It was a pretty fun party and I think one that he will remember. He LOVED the cake. He kept saying how "cool" it was and that he was "so excited!"  The night before the party we even got the "I'm too excited to sleep" line!

 I'm trying to post some pictures, but you may be realizing that I am having some difficulty. I'll get it figured out, maybe just not tonight. :)

Nolan is still working on his count down to actually being 4. He is pretty excited and our goals for turning four are pretty big too. With starting preschool we have decided it's time that Nolan be self sufficient in the bathroom, so goal #1 is wiping his own butt...  he is really dragging this one out reminding us that he is NOT 4 yet and that when he is four then he will do it....here's to hoping!

Emry is pretty amazing. Resilient feels like an understatement. I picked her up from Sherry's today and even thought she may be getting her cheeks back. Everyone that has seen her as commented on her weight (loss). She's a peanut, but I do think that she's making a come back.  Food has definitely been her friend. She's even eaten two dinners a couple times!  We are still waiting on the results of the last test (Familial Mediterranean fever). After waiting two weeks, I did call the Dr and confirmed, we are still waiting on the results.  She will have two follow ups. One at the end of August and one the first week in September. We are eagerly awaiting those, hoping to have all green lights.

Life may be settling a bit...I feel like I am so much more aware of what is going on in our home. I had to laugh (well, to keep from pulling my hair out) when I was trying to make dinner with both kids wanting my attention, whining and crying because they were SO hungry and just couldn't wait a minute longer to have dinner.  Both were extremely tired and completely over acting (not reacting...acting). I thought I was possibly going to scream and then just had to laugh...as THIS is what I am most thankful for...time with my family and hey, you have to take the good with the...well, the moments that make you pray for more patience!

I'm still struggling with the idea of not really being in control and wanting to figure out what "I" want to do in life.  I feel like there are so many BIG and important opportunities that I may be missing out on or that I may be letting pass me by.  What's most interesting to me is that I have had a number of reminders over the course of the last week or so (besides the card on my refrigerator) that I don't need to be in control and this life isn't all about me.  The sermon on Sunday was really the first reminder. I felt like Father David was talking to me (even though Emry and I spent most of our time in the back of church as she has figured out how to get herself out of the pew and every time I tried to get her back in she'd scream...yes, getting back to her spunky self!). A few songs on the radio at the "right time" were my other reminders. I continue to pray for strength and patience in the Lord's plan for me.

Dylan and I planned a date for Friday that I think we are both so very looking forward to. It feels like we haven't had much time together to digest much since we've been home from the hospital. Our routine is pretty set and we pretty much play a one to one defense and with him getting up now at 4:30 am for work, our nights end pretty early as well. 

We continue to be blessed by outpourings of prayers and support by friends and family. It's been wonderful to know that people still think of Em weeks after our "ordeal."  We appreciate the thoughts and are still really amazed at the generosity of everyone. The experience will never leave us and as I've told a few people, I do think Emry's recovery is coming along a bit more than Dylan's and mine. As parents you never want to see your children suffer. It's a hard picture to get out of your mind. And as I've mentioned, one that changes how one thinks and acts.

Saturday I will have a four year old  (that hopefully wipes his own butt...without skiddies). Time really does fly...












No comments:

Post a Comment