Monday, September 24, 2012

Mommy decompressing...


So, today was my first day back at work. And I have to say, I didn't need any decompressing UNTIL, after I decided that Emry should go with me to Nolan's swim lessons...what was I THINKING? Wet floors in the locker room and trying to get Nolan changed into his swimsuit while Emry was trying to explore do not mix! And that was really just the start. The swim lessons are in the shallow end (the kids all hang onto the side when it's not their turn) and there is only one bench to sit on. Emry really wasn't in the mood to sit...and well, it's not like you can "play" by the pool....but if you know Emry, you know that she likes her way. Needless to say, we spent quite a bit of time in the hallway because I envisioned Emry running to the pool's edge one to many times in the  2 minutes we actually were watching Nolan. After Emry was able to "run free" for a few minutes (in the hallway), we were able to see Nolan do the back float, the front float and make a train with the other kids (all in floaties). For all he knows we were in there the whole time (until he grows up and reads this!).

So yes, work...work was good. The commute may actually be shorter for me... It took 35 minutes today. I didn't have a computer yet so it was a pretty relaxing day...just meeting new people and looking through handbooks. I am taking over my boss's "old" job, so I have some pretty big shoes to fill. I already can tell that I have an opportunity to learn a lot from her, so am very excited to work with her as she transitions some of her projects.

The kids did very well this morning. I did have to wake them up (sad face....I hate that, it's like the "never wake a sleeping baby" quote just rings in my head as I try to get them up), but they did pretty well and we were to daycare by about 10 to 7.

I'd post some pictures of Nolan swimming, but I had to keep my hands on Emry at all times so, I'll try to get those taken and posted the next time Nolan has swim lessons  :)


These quotes are from the Proverbs 31 website. I got them in a daily email Friday of last week. I found them timely for a number of reasons...maybe they will be timely for you too.


Ecclesiastes 3:1, 3b, 4, "For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to plant and a time to harvest ... A time to cry and a time to laugh, a time to grieve and a time to dance."

Psalm 138:8, "The Lord will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment